This prompt was to list our favorite music. After I finished my list, it was way too long! I love music, always have, so I decided for this one to show a favorite memory that included music. Around the time I was about 10, give or take a couple of years, my best friend's (who was also my next door neighbor from 1st grade 'til now) daddy would take us to the library on Thursday afternoons. Now picture this, he had an old Plymouth, I mean old, and we did not care to be seen in it. Oh, what we both would give to have it now, though! Anyway, when we were ready, we'd ask him what we were riding in and, of course, we knew. He loved that antique, and we called it the "Bonnie and Clyde" car! We would sit in the back and slide down so no one would see us!! He just laughed!
After selecting our books for the week, he would take us to a little coffee shop/cafe called "The Goodie Shop". We loved to sit in a booth, look through our books, and he would order each of us an ice cold glass of chocolate milk. That was the best milk ever! On our table (in the booth) was a miniature jukebox! We loved it! Three songs for a quarter!! Ha! Great! Most days he would let us choose our three favorites and we thought we were so big sitting in the booth rockin' to our favorites, even though 'dad' was there!
Great memories, and one I don't think I will ever forget! Too bad it was not the place to hang out when we did become teenagers and we could 'hang out'!
After all that story, here's my memory of that tabletop jukebox!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a fun memory! I like how you used it for this prompt.
ReplyDeleteDid we all have to endure rides in embarrassing cars at some point? My stepdad used to drive an oversized (like, extra long for some reason) blue van on the days he would pick up my friend and I from middle school. We would walk toward the line of cars and act like we were going to another car and then sneak around the other side of the van. As if no one knew what we were doing!
Unlike the Plymouth, though, I would *still* be embarrassed to be seen in that van!
I love the story, oh and talk about embarrassing cars, well my dad sold me his. I didn't care then because the car meant freedom!
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteCan I just say how much I love your blog! It is so wonderful how you enter your post in as journal entries and post drawings to go along with your writings. It's just fabulous!!!
I just wanted to tell you how much your lovely and kind words meant to me today on my blog. It really lifted my spirits! I am so thankful for wonderful ladies such as you whom I have met through blogging! Congratulations on your new blog and I will be back regularly to read your posts.
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Melinda
Oh, what a lovely story. My Dad had a Morris which we called Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and we used to slip down into the back seat too. But I would love to have it now. That story has brought back many a memory for me too. Thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteI could picture it all as you described it... Such fun!!! The pages mean so much more when we fill them with memories like this! :)
ReplyDelete