Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vintage Thursday!

My Grandmother's Ring

My first contribution to Vintage Thursday.  Vintage to me is something timeworn, old, and full of memories.  The ring you see is what my grandfather gave my grandmother when they married.  She gave it to me when I graduated from high school. She said she wanted me to have it because she knew I would take good care of it, and that I have! A ring that's been around for over 84 years.  A treasured gift with lots of wonderful memories!  A treasured gift because of the respect for me that came along with it.  A treasured gift because of its beauty and because it belonged to a lady that I learned so much from. I hope you enjoy my first post to Vintage Thursday as much as I have enjoyed going down memory lane today when I decided to share my special gift. 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Vintage Thingies Thursday! What a great first post. This is a beautiful ring, I clicked on the photos to see the details. I love the story of your grandmother giving it to you at such a young age. Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Lisa. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ring and a wonderful family heirloom!

    Welcome to VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa. What a gorgeous ring! I love it! So cool that it was your Grandma's wedding ring. I have my Grandmothers ring as well, and it's quite different then yours. Mine is pearls and diamonds and more feminine, but I adore the one you own. What a treasure for sure.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ring. I too love vintage jewelry; just don't get to wear it much unless it's gold (nickel allergy).

    You commented on my blog and being wordy...yep that's me. My daughter nagged me for over a year to do a blog..."mom; you've got to do it for your own enjoyment of rambling with words." glad she did....I print them out and am putting in a notebook for my grandchilren to (hopefully) enjoy someday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete