It is a triple-strand, black crystal, choker-style necklace. The crystals were cut very sharp, it's a little itchy!
But, I didn't just wear it alone, I had to add a little more sparkle. This is a crystal ab pin that I purchased from http://www.karlanathan.etsy.com/, you should visit her blog, I think you would enjoy it, http://www.karlascottage.typepad.com/.
Just pin it to the center of the necklace. Nothing new, just sometimes in our hurried lives we may forget that by adding a little something extra, we can re-invent a beautiful piece of jewelry into something extraordinary! Well, it may not be extraordinary, but I did get a lot of compliments on it!
Thank you for letting me share, once again, a jewelry piece that's near and dear to my heart.
Be sure to visit all the other VTT contributions made today at http://www.coloradolady.blogspot.com/.






Wow, that looks great together! I'd never have thought of adding the pin to the necklace, but it's fantastic. Gotta love those special treasures from our grandmas!
ReplyDeleteExcellent vintage jewelery. I think you are a genius for adding the broach to the necklace for added sparkle and bling.
ReplyDeleteHow gorgeous is that!! What a clever idea to add the broach :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gail
Gorgeous black crystal necklace! Clever addition!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful vintage jewelry. I love this type of jewelry too!! And the brooch is just amazing too! Have a great VTT!
ReplyDeleteHow very lucky you are to own thigns like this from your grandma! I never even got a chance to get things like this.....I also think it is a great honor to your grandparents to wer and enjoy it! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the way you changed the look without damaging the originals.
ReplyDeleteThat is really pretty...good for you!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful jewelry...I love the look you achieved. Happy VTT..
ReplyDeleteI love both of those pieces by themselves, but when you put them together like that, it's simply stunning!
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT!
Carol
What a great idea! I'll have to think of which pins would look good on a necklace...
ReplyDeleteThis particular necklace is wonderful - And even more special because of its past:)
I had one piece of costume jewelry from my grandmother but it was stolen. Well at least I still have her:) Love the brooch and the lovely jet beads. I enjoyed reading about your insect collecting in the post below.
ReplyDeleteFabulous idea with the necklace. My new shop is going to have a lot of vintage jewelry, the college girls just love the stuff. I wanted to say thank you for stopping by and leaving a nice comment about my shop. It is through all my blogging friends that I got the support to do this. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteso pretty...what a great combo!
ReplyDeleterene
Hi Lisa!
ReplyDeleteOh, you are a girl after my own heart! I love this vintage necklace and the brooch is perfect! I have been collecting old vintage jewelry for years. I have a pretty nice collection of brooches, but not a lot of necklaces. I have seen on blogs some beautiful projects people have made using all these vintage pieces and I keep think I will make something with them but, I just can't bare to let go of any of them. LOL It's a sickness I tell ya! :)
You made that rather somble necklace into a celebration, brilliant creativity.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful jewelery! I love the way you added the brooch to the necklace! Thanks for stopping by by blog.
ReplyDelete